Nourish Lives Here When You Donate Food
Already have food to donate?
Food donations under 1,500 pounds:
The Food Bank considers donations under 1,500 pounds (or the size of two standard pickup truck beds) as individual donations and kindly asks that you deliver them directly to the Food Bank or one of our many partners with food pantries.
Deliver your donation to the Food Bank: We are located at 6500 Metropolis Dr. Austin, TX 78744 (please use the parking lot entrance off Burleson Rd. Drive through the black gate to our Warehouse loading dock and park in an available spot in docks 8, 9 and 10). Please place food in the donation bin located on the loading dock. Donations can be dropped off at the Central Texas Food Bank Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You do not need an appointment. You do not need to weigh your donation, drop and go! To download a donation receipt, click here.
Do you have a buck or some doe to spare? Through the program, hunters can drop off legally tagged, field-dressed whitetail or mule deer to participating meat processors. The partner processors prepare the venison for distribution through the Central Texas Food Bank.Click here to learn more about the program and how hunters can help nourish lives in our community. Ready to participate? Click here to contact CTFB staff for more information.
For your safety and ours, please wear closed-toe shoes when dropping off your donations, and don’t exceed the speed limit of 5 mph around the drop-off zone.
Deliver your donation to a Food Bank partner: To find a pantry near you, click HERE. Some food pantries are only open on certain days and would prefer to set a time with you for your drop-off. To ensure successful delivery please call the pantry before delivering your donation.
Food donations over 1,500 pounds:
For food donations over 1,500 pounds, contact our team to schedule a pick-up. Please ensure all donations are packed in cardboard boxes with sturdy bottoms or strong bags that will not tear or tip over. Contact our donation coordinators, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 512-220-2775.
Hosting a food drive?
We appreciate your support during the holidays and ask that you follow our steps to hosting a food drive below:
- Maximize your impact. For individuals and groups collecting fewer than 1,500 pounds of goods, we ask that you consider raising meals online by hosting a Virtual Food Drive. If you prefer to host a traditional food drive, we ask that you create a VFD page to collect monetary donations along with food. Virtual Food Drives are the best way to support the Food Bank during the holiday season.
- Prepare for your collection. Please make sure all donations are packed in cardboard boxes with a sturdy bottom or strong bags that will not tear or tip over. Central Texas Food Bank has boxes you can use that can be picked up at our warehouse Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Click here to learn more about preparing your donation for collection.
- Spread the word about your food & fund drives. Check out our resources for food and fundraisers at the bottom of this page.
- Collect donations from our most needed items list. Check out what we can and can’t receive on our Food Donation FAQ page.
- Deliver your donations. This is the final step to hosting your drive! Donations can be dropped off at the Central Texas Food Bank Monday- Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You do not need an appointment.
We are located at 6500 Metropolis Dr. Austin, TX 78744 (please use the parking lot entrance off Burleson Rd. Drive through the black gate to our Warehouse loading dock and park in an available spot in docks 8, 9 and 10). Please place food in the donation bin located on the loading dock. You do not need to weigh your donation, just drop and go! To download a donation receipt, click here.
For information on other drop-off locations and additional details regarding your food donation, check out the FOOD DONATION FAQ.