If you have just a few items to donate, find a drop-off location near you by searching for one of our partner agencies in your area.
Are you hosting a holiday food drive? We appreciate your support during the holidays and ask that you follow our steps to hosting a food drive below:
- Maximize your impact. For individuals and groups collecting fewer than 1,000 pounds of goods, we ask that you consider raising meals online by hosting a Virtual Food Drive. If you prefer to host a traditional food drive, we ask that you create a VFD page to collect monetary donations along with food. Virtual Food Drives are the best way to support the Food Bank during the holiday season.
Every dollar you raise can create 4 meals! Click here to get started today.
- Prepare for your collection. Please make sure all donations are packed in cardboard boxes with a sturdy bottom or strong bags that will not tear or tip over. Central Texas Food Bank has boxes you can use that can be picked up at our warehouse Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Click here to learn more about preparing your donation for collection.
- Spread the word about your food & fund drives. Check out our resources for food and fundraisers at the bottom of this page.
- Collect donations from our most needed items list. Check out what we can and can’t receive on our Food Donation FAQ page.
- Deliver your donations. This is the final step to hosting your drive! Donations can be dropped off at the Central Texas Food Bank Monday- Friday, 8:00a.m. to 4:30p.m. You do not need an appointment.
We are located at 6500 Metropolis Dr. Austin, TX 78744 (please use the parking lot entrance off Burleson Rd. Drive through the black gate to our Warehouse loading dock and park in an available spot in docks 8, 9 and 10). Please place food in the donation bin located on the loading dock or wait to talk to one of our employees.
For information on other drop-off locations and additional details regarding your food donation, check out the FOOD DONATION FAQ.