We are not holding any New Partner Orientations at this time. If you are interested in becoming a partner, please click here to fill out the following interest form and we will contact you when we are looking for new partners in your area. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Become a Partner Agency
As a Partner Agency, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of the Food Bank's mission by nourishing our community directly and demonstrating leadership in ending hunger. The soup kitchens, food pantries, after-school feeding programs, treatment center meals, shelters and other services provided by our partners enhance the quality of life available to Central Texans. We seek dedicated, professional, passionate partners looking to add years to life as well as life to years through the power of healthy food.
Minimum Qualifications for Partnership
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit or faith-based organization. Boarding homes and day care centers are not eligible for partnership.
- Located in 21 county service area of Central Texas Food Bank (Bastrop, Bell, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Coryell, Falls, Fayette, Freestone, Gillespie, Hays, Lampasas, Lee, Limestone, Llano, McLennan, Milam, Mills, San Saba, Travis and Williamson)
- Serves people in need, children or the unwell
- Established agencies with a minimum of three (3) months of continuous operation prior to partnership with the Food Bank
Benefits of the Food Bank Partner Agency Membership
Partner Agencies can instantly order products through an online ordering system and pick them up at the Food Bank distribution center or at a regional food delivery location. Benefits include:
- purchasing items below retail price so your agency can provide more food for less cost
- ZERO COST on select items
- access to millions of pounds of food and non-food items
- training classes on a variety of subjects to improve your agency's capacity to serve clients
- support from Food Bank social services outreach staff to help your clients access long-term solutions to hunger
- free annual Agency Relations Conference
- credibility in the community
- networking with Food Bank Partner Agencies for capacity building
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the member fees?
A: Partner Agencies do not pay for food. However, agencies pay a handling fee of no more than 19 cents per pound for food. To encourage the distribution of healthy foods, we waive handling fees for fresh produce.
Handling fees help defray the costs of transporting food and running freezers and coolers. All other services (training, delivery, nutrition education, etc.) are at no additional cost to Partner Agencies.
Q: Our agency is not close to Austin. Do you deliver?
A: The Central Texas Food Bank regional food delivery program delivers fresh and packaged foods to centrally-located drop sites in outlying areas that are easily accessible for more remote Partner Agencies serving rural populations. Regional food delivery operates five days a week, delivering items to 121 Food Bank Partner Agencies in 21 counties.
Every week, these agencies place orders with the Food Bank that include a wide variety of packaged and frozen goods. Food Bank staff members load the orders into a 48- or 30-foot refrigerated tractor-trailer and deliver them to a previously identified loading dock or parking lot in the agencies’ towns. Fresh produce, dairy goods and other perishable items are also included.
Regional Partner Agencies meet the Food Bank driver at the designated site, load their vehicles with their orders and distribute the food within their communities.