Join Our Team
Looking for a way to make a difference without sacrificing a competitive salary and excellent benefits? Apply to join the Central Texas Food Bank team! We’re looking for highly-motivated people to bring their unique skills to our mission of nourishing our neighbors and leading our community in the fight against hunger. As the region’s largest hunger relief charity, the Food Bank offers a diverse and inclusive workplace, professional development opportunities, and a culture of promoting from within.
We look for candidates who value, compassion, honesty, accountability, respect and teamwork.
We are committed to service, above all else, in our community and for our team members. With our commitment to the health and wellness of our team members, we provide a full benefits package to include the following:
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision plans,
- Company paid short and long term disability insurance plus employee life insurance,
- Paid time off including holidays, birthday, and paid opportunities to serve our community,
- 403b retirement plan with a 5% matching contribution after one year of service plus a 2% contribution to all team members,
- Beautiful facility with on-site gym and showers, lactation room, outdoor seating area with Adirondack chairs and garden view.
- Wellness program to include telemedicine for physical and mental health,
- Growth and learning environment starting with your new team member onboarding experience, opportunities to learn from peers during our monthly Lunch + Learns, cross-
- functional huddles, and career mapping through our performance management philosophies.
In addition, Central Texas Food Bank is designated a Texas Mother-Friendly Workplace and a Best Place for Working Parents. Grow your career, build your network and develop your talents while enjoying the flexibility of a family-friendly environment.
Awards and Designations
American Heart Association Fit Friendly Workplace GOLD Level winner, 2016
Austin Business Journal's "Healthiest Employers of Central Texas" winner, 2015
Texas Mother-Friendly Workplace
Tobacco and Electronic Cigarette-Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity Employment
Equal opportunity employment has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at the CTFB, where employment and opportunities are based upon merit, qualifications, and personal capabilities without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, marital status, veteran status, religion, national origin, class origin, nationality, gender identity, physical or mental disability which can be reasonably accommodated, military status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status.
Employment decisions covered by this policy include recruiting, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, transfers, corrective discipline, layoffs, termination, and other terms or conditions of employment.
The CTFB is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination, intimidation, or unlawful harassment based on any legally protected characteristic.
The Central Texas Foodbank is committed to understanding, communicating and establishing trust with individuals from various cultural backgrounds. We are committed to creating an environment that respects and accommodates the cultural diversity of the workforce and community. Our commitment extends to recruiting a culturally and linguistically diverse governance, leadership and workforce that are responsive to the population in the service area. We actively seek to recruit and cultivate staff and supporters who bring new approaches and experiences to our mission, and continually champion tolerance, acceptance, and cultural competence.