Activate your social circle to help end hunger with a Virtual Food Drive!
With our purchasing power, the Central Texas Food Bank can do more with every dollar donated. Hosting a Virtual Food Drive, alongside or instead of a traditional food drive, is the BEST and easiest way for you to help more families facing hunger.
You can help end hunger in Central Texas in a few easy steps, all from behind your smartphone or computer. Whether you’re looking to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or other milestones, your fundraiser for the Central Texas Food Bank helps connect our neighbors facing hunger with the food and resources they need to thrive now.
Ready to get started? Check out the opportunities below to find the way to give back that works for you.
Top reasons to fundraise through a Virtual Food Drive:
With our purchasing power, the Central Texas Food Bank can do more with every dollar donated. Hosting a Virtual Food Drive, alongside or instead of a traditional food drive, is a fast and easy way for you to help more families facing hunger.
- You can fundraise any day of the year through your Virtual Food Drive Page for however long you’d like—there is no set end date.
- Your Virtual Food Drive Page updates the donations you receive in real-time, so you can easily track your impact.
- The dollars you raise will come directly to the Food Bank to support our hunger relief programs.
You can start raising more meals for Central Texans in need today. Getting started is fast and easy.
- Start your virtual food drive.
- Customize your unique page by adding a photo and sharing why feeding Central Texas families is important to you.
- Share your campaign with your friends and family. Check out our email and social media templates and ideas.
- Thank everyone who supported your fundraiser. Check out our How to Thank Donors guide for templates and ideas.
We’ve collected some resources to help make your virtual food drive a success. You’ve got the power to start raising more meals!
Below are resources to help boost your fundraiser and spread the word:
- Virtual Food Drive Graphics
- Email and Social Media Templates
- Customizable Flyer
- How to Thank Donor
- Fundraising Best Practices
- Central Texas Food Bank Logos
Below are links to some of the most common questions about our fundraising platform, JustGiving:
When you host a virtual food drive, you become a fundraiser for the Central Texas Food Bank. Every dollar you raise goes further to create MORE MEALS!
Simply put, when you fundraise for the Food Bank…
- You’re helping more people. The Food Bank uses your dollars to provide more meals for Central Texans facing hunger!
- You don’t have to store collected food or transport heavy boxes to us. Not only do Virtual Food Drives raise more meals, but they’re also easier for you. Your meals will be raised virtually on a customizable online fundraising page.
- Your dollars are flexible. The Food Bank will put the funds you raise toward the area of greatest need.
- You get your friends, family and coworkers involved. Create a competitive team-builder for your office, celebrate a special event or honor a loved one through your drive.
- You can get as creative as you want. Incorporate a giveaway, 5k race, costume contest, dunking booth or catapult build – we’ve seen it all and we’re here to support you with creative ideas.
Get started today by hosting a virtual food drive.
Need to speak with someone? We’re here to help.
Our Community Events Team can help. Email us at email@example.com
Want to donate food items? Click here to download the Food Drive Map and receipt.
The Central Texas Food Bank is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The funds you raise for the Food Bank go directly to nourish our neighbors in need across 21 Central Texas counties.