The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger.” We are accomplishing this by recruiting motivated, mission-driven volunteers.
The Central Texas Food Bank (CTFB) is partnering with the Austin Public Health Neighborhood Services Unit and Amazon to deliver monthly boxes of shelf-stable groceries to eligible households in Travis County, free of charge. The Rosewood-Zaragosa Neighborhood Center (2800 Webberville Rd 78702) is the distribution hub to Amazon delivery drivers for this program. CTFB is looking for Partner Support Volunteers to assist the neighborhood center staff and Amazon drivers to help this cutting-edge pilot program run smoothly and efficiently.
The Partner Support Volunteers will work with the neighborhood center staff to greet and receive the Amazon delivery drivers, verify drivers’ assignments and box count, provide general customer service to the drivers, and insert resource materials into the boxes as needed. Currently, this program is seeking volunteers to work Tuesday and Wednesday mornings (9:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.). We are looking for volunteers that are available for a regular shift, but we are flexible on whether that is a weekly, biweekly or monthly shift.
Before becoming an Partner Support Volunteer, you will:
- Visit with a member of our Volunteer Engagement team who will answer questions and get information about your skills, schedule and availability
- Attend a 30 minute virtual orientation about the food bank and this unique program
- Sign a Non-disclosure Agreement, due to the exposure to sensitive client data
We are looking for volunteers who will be able to meet these requirements:
- Customer service focused individual confident in their communication skills
- Detail-oriented individual
- Comfortable both in a fast-paced environment, as well as with periods of downtime
- Exercise good judgement and discretion and strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information
- Able to walk/be on your feet for the duration of the distribution shift
- Able to work outside in all different types of weather, time to be spent indoors and outdoors
- Follow our volunteer agreement and code of conduct
- Minimum of 21 years of age
You are a great candidate if you are:
- Able to effectively communicate with people from diverse backgrounds
- Passionate about helping others
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Familiar volunteering with CTFB and wanting to gain experience volunteering in a new program
- Our current policy is that masks are optional for fully-vaccinated volunteers and volunteers must socially distance from staff, drivers and other volunteers during the distribution.
- Volunteers must meet pandemic health and safety requirements.
To apply, please email the Food Bank’s Volunteer Engagement team at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to chat via phone.