2 large sweet potatoes
1 cup low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
½ cup salsa of choice, plus additional for serving
Optional toppings: avocado, cilantro, chopped onion
- Clean sweet potatoes well under running water with a produce scrubber, pat dry.
- Pierce each sweet potato 5-6 times with a fork, place them on a microwave safe dish, and microwave for 5-8 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when you can easily pierce them with a fork. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise, then carefully scoop the insides into a mixing bowl, leaving ¼ inch thick border on all sides and the bottom.
- Add the beans and salsa to mixing bowl, then mix to combine.
- Stuff the filling back into the sweet potatoes, dividing evenly among the potato halves.
- Serve warm with your favorite protein to make a complete meal.
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta:
Download Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes_0_0.pdf (350.22 KB)