1 chicken thigh
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
1/3 cup raisins or pitted dates
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 dried ancho or negro chile pepper or 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic
Salt and pepper
8 bone-in chicken thighs (5-7 ounces each), skin removed
¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- Drain tomatoes, reserving ½ cup juice.
- Cut open the chile; discard the stems and seeds. Cut the chile into ½-inch pieces and place in a food processor or a blender and process until finely ground.
- Combine tomatoes, tomato juice, raisins, cocoa powder, peanut butter, both chili powders, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in slow cooker.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker. Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 4-5 hours on low.
- To make a creamy sauce, transfer chicken to serving dish. Process braising liquid in a blender until smooth, about 20 seconds, or enjoy the sauce unblended.
Slow Cooker Revolution © 2013 by the Editors at America’s Test Kitchen
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta:
Download Crockpot Chicken Mole_0.pdf (232.96 KB)