Annual Tradition Helps Provide Families with a Protein-Rich Turkey for Thanksgiving
For most of us, it just wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without a turkey. Unfortunately, many of our neighbors face the prospect of spending this traditional family holiday without a turkey as the centerpiece of their meal. That’s why Randalls Food Markets is once again making sure that thousands of Central Texans will have turkeys for Thanksgiving. For the 14th year in a row, Randalls is donating 1,000 frozen turkeys to the Central Texas Food Bank so they can be distributed to hungry Central Texans. Because there’s no place like hope for the holidays.
- WHO - Randalls Food Markets, Central Texas Food Bank
- WHAT - Holiday turkey delivery
- WHEN - Friday, Nov. 18, 2016, 10 A.M.
- WHERE - Central Texas Food Bank, 6500 Metropolis Dr., Austin, TX 78744
- VISUALS - 1,000 turkeys being unloaded from a Randalls 18-wheeler and placed in the Food Bank’s freezer. (Dress warmly and prepare for a frosty camera lens!) Randalls Turkeyman will be there to oversee the turkey drop.
Derrick Chubbs, President & CEO, Central Texas Food Bank
Mark Jackson, Chief Development Officer, Central Texas Food Bank
Ronnie Taylor, Randalls Austin District Manager
Representatives from Food Bank Partner Agencies: El Buen Samaritano and the Round Rock Area Serving Center
ON-SITE MEDIA CONTACT:
Paul Gaither, Central Texas Food Bank