The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger.” We are accomplishing this by recruiting motivated, mission-driven volunteers.
The Central Texas Food Bank (CTFB) is looking for transcription volunteers to help our Strategic Insights team. Supervised by the Food Bank’s Research Manager, volunteers will transcribe recorded audio conversations from Community Needs Assessments into written text.
This volunteer work will happen on-site in the office, and we ask volunteers to commit to a shift once a week of 3 hours (more is welcome).
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Comfortable using media player software, listening to audio via headphones, and typing it out
- Proficient typist (about 40 wpm at minimum)
- Skilled in Microsoft Word
- Exercise good judgment, discretion, and strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Willing to follow our Volunteer Agreement and Code of Conduct
- Able to commit to a few hours a week for a minimum of 2 months
- Bonus points for Spanish fluency/proficiency!
If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Transcription Volunteer” in the subject line. A member of our team will reach out to schedule an interview to explore if this is a good fit!