1 whole medium apple, diced
1 whole medium pear, diced (optional)
2 cups low-fat or almond milk
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp honey
¼ cup orange juice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the diced fruit on it.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20-25 mins or until tender and golden. Don't stir or flip the fruit to avoid turning it into mush.
- Pour 2 cups of milk into small saucepan, turn heat to HIGH, and bring to a boil.
- Add the rolled oats and the vanilla extract and stir to mix.
- Lower the heat and simmer, stirring often, for about 10 mins, or until the oats soak up the liquid to form a thick texture.
- Stir in the roasted fruit, orange juice, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and honey until even mixed. Enjoy!
SOURCE (OR ADAPTED FROM)
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta:
Download Winter_Apple_Oatmeal.pdf (611.27 KB)