2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, diced (about 2 cups)
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 ounces turkey bacon, cooked and chopped (about 1.5 cups)
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 4 cups)
1 russet potato, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
½ bunch of kale, ribs removed and roughly chopped (about 5 cups)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook turkey bacon for about 5 minutes turning frequently until slices are evenly browned. Take turkey bacin out of the pan and let cool to chop into small pieces.
- In the same skillet, add olive oil to cook onions and garlic. Saute until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, place sweet potatoes and russet potato in a micrwave-safe dish and cover with a paper towel. Steam in the microwave for 3-4 minutes until potatoes are just fork tender.*
- Increase heat to medium-high and add potatoes to skillet. Season with salt and pepper and and saute about 5-8 minutes until evenly browned, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Lower heat to medium and add kale to skillet. Season again with salt and pepper. Allow to cook until kale is just wilted, about 2 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
* Pre-steaming the sweet potatoes is optional but highly recommended. Increase saute time if not steaming potatoes.
themostlyvegan.com & Will's Kitchen
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta:
Download Will's Spuds Deluxe_0.pdf (368.98 KB)