1 ½ lbs Sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped, 1 in cubes
1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
¼ tsp olive oil
½ cup medium Yellow Onion, diced
½ lb Turkey meat, ground, lean
1 Tbsp tomato paste
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup Beef broth
½ cup Frozen Peas
1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender, about 17 minutes. Drain and mash, then season with Italian seasoning blend.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute for 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ground turkey and cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until meat is cooked through, approximately 7 minutes. Add salt.
- Stir in the tomato paste and broth. Simmer for a few minutes until the liquid is reduced 10 minutes, then stir in the peas.
- Spread the meat mixture into a 2-quart baking dish. Add mashed potatoes on top and spread it evenly all the way to the sides.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until potatoes are set and warm. Let dish rest, then cut into 8 servings. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta: