4 whole wheat tortillas
1 large apple, peeled and chopped
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons low-fat or skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Place each tortilla on a plate. Place ¼ cup of apple on each tortilla, leaving a ½ inch between the apple and the edge of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the brown sugar mixture over the fruit.
- Brush the edges of the tortilla with milk. Fold tortilla in half, forming a semicircle. Press edges together.
- Place tortillas on baking sheet and make small slashes to allow steam to escape.
- Brush the tops of the pies with milk and sprinkle with Splenda®.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
Kids in the Kitchen recipes, University of Missouri Extension
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta:
Download Pocket Apple Pies_0.pdf (347.13 KB)