1 ripe banana, mashed
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups rolled oats
¼ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray cooking oil in a large baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, smash the banana using a fork until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Stir in the applesauce and cinnamon, stirring well to combine.
- Add the peanut butter and stir well to mix. Once these ingredients are well blended, mix in the maple syrup, salt and baking soda
- Add the oats, one cup at a time, stirring well in between each addition.
- Add chocolate chips and then bring together with the all-purpose flour.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up and shape the dough into cookies. Drop them about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet
- Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes or until browned on the edges and soft on the bottoms.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta:
Download Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies_0.pdf (586.62 KB)