1 tablespoon olive oil
½ onion diced (about 1 cup)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups butternut squash, cubed
½ pound okra, ends trimmed and cut in ½ inch pieces (about 4 cups)
1 (15.25oz) can corn, drained, no salt added
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add butternut squash, cover skillet and cook for 5 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until squash is tender.
- Add okra and corn. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly, until okra is slightly tender.
- Add tomatoes, cook another minute then turn off heat.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Sprinkle with basil or parsley for garnish and serve hot.
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta:
Download Okra and Butternut Squash Saute_0_0.pdf (354.79 KB)