1 ½ pounds green tomatillos (about 15)
1 serrano pepper
2 cups water
1 poblano pepper, seeds removed, diced
¼ cup fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic
¼ cup onion, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
1 tablespoon canola oil
For Shredded Chicken
2 chicken breast (about 1 pound or 3 cups)
½ small onion (about 1 cup)
2 cloves of garlic
2 cups water
For the Enchiladas
12-14 corn tortillas
Shredded chicken with green sauce
Crumbled queso fresco
Cabbage Jalapeño Stir Fry
- Place the chicken breasts in a pan with enough space to hold the chicken, add onion, garlic cloves and water. Cook chicken for about 20-30 minutes. Shred by using two forks, and set aside.
- Wash and place peeled tomatillos and serrano pepper in a small pan with about 2 cups of water. Cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Place cooked tomatillos and serranos in blender along with cilantro, garlic, onion and poblano pepper.
- Heat oil in a 5-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add green sauce blend, reserving ½ cup on the side and cover. Put the reserved ½ cup of sauce in the blender, add the Greek yogurt and chicken broth and blend. Add the blender contents to the saucepan slowly and stir with a spoon until combined.
- Let sauce simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Remove about 1 cup of sauce and set aside for later. Add shredded chicken to sauce, and combine.
- Heat tortillas in skillet or microwave. Dip each tortilla in the saucepan, covering both sides with the sauce. Fill each tortilla with about ¼ cup of chicken. Once all enchiladas are made, top with the remaining sauce. Garnish with optional toppings. Enjoy!
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta:
Download Martha's Enchiladas_0_0.pdf (650.07 KB)