2 eggplant slices
2 medium eggplants (2 pounds)
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons water
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1 cup marinara sauce, lower sodium
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, part-skim
- Slice each eggplant crosswise into 8 slices. Place the eggplant slices on a paper towel lined baking pan or cutting board. Use ¼ teaspoon of the salt to sprinkle slices and wait 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475 ° F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Rinse slices under cool water and gently squeeze out excess water. Lay paper towels on a cutting board and layer slices to help soak up water and pat dry.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of water and eggs in a bowl and whisk. In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs and parmesan. Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture and then into breadcrumb mixture, gently pressing to stick
- Arrange dipped eggplant slices onto prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Bake at 475 ° F for 10 minutes.
- Turn eggplant slices and top evenly with marinara sauce and mozzarella. Bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Serve warm with whole wheat pasta or vegetable noodles!
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta:
Download Eggplant Parmesan_0_0.pdf (386.25 KB)