2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
¼ cup tomato paste
1 28-oz. can of diced tomatoes, low sodium
1 28-oz. can whole, peeled tomatoes, low sodium
1 teaspoon garlic powder
5 large basil leaves, fresh
½ cup vegetable broth
½ cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
1.5 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium/high heat. Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and sauté until onion becomes translucent. Set aside.
- Place tomato paste, diced tomatoes, whole peeled tomatoes, basil leaves, and garlic powder into a high-speed blender.
- Add onion, garlic, salt and pepper mixture to the blender. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until everything is pureed.
- Place the pot in medium-high heat and add the mixture to the pot. Once it starts to boil, lower heat down and add the vegetable broth, Greek yogurt, and apple cider vinegar.
- Mix soup until everything is combined and creamy. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta:
Download Creamy Tomato Soup_0.pdf (845.41 KB)