1 head of cauliflower cut into florets (or 16 oz frozen cauliflower)
1.5 lbs red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1” pieces
1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
1/3 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- In a small sauce pan, heat butter or oil. Add minced garlic and sauté for 2 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add enough water to a large pot to just cover potatoes. Bring to a boil. Add potatoes and boil for about 10 minutes, or until you can easily pierce with a fork.
- While potatoes boil, steam cauliflower using a steaming basket. Alternatively you can steam in the microwave by placing florets in a large microwave safe bowl with just enough water to cover the bottom. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave 7-10 minutes, or until soft.
- Place cooked cauliflower in a food processor and process until smooth. Alternatively, you can mash cauliflower using a potato masher.
- Place cooked potatoes in a large bowl. Add sautéed garlic and mash with potato masher until well combined. Add processed cauliflower, stock, yogurt, salt and pepper. Mash until blended and enjoy! Optional: garnish with chopped green onions
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta: