4 cups of sliced carrots, cooked
2 cups onion, chopped
4 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 ½ cup vegetable broth, no sodium or low sodium
2 ½ cups water
2 tablespoons paprika
Optional: garnish with chives & a dash of paprika
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil and onions.
- Cook until the onions are translucent, 3-4 minutes, but do not let them brown.
- Add the carrots, garlic, black pepper, and paprika and stir together.
- Cook for 30 seconds, just until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the vegetable stock and water. Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes until the carrots are very tender.
- Blend when the carrots are tender, blend!
- Ladle the soup into bowls and enjoy!
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta:
Download Carrot_Soup.pdf (235.38 KB)