1 cup peeled and cubed butternut squash (or 3/4 cups canned squash puree)
1/3 cup skim milk
3/4 cups low fat cheddar cheese, grate
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
8 ounces dry whole grain pasta (any variety)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add squash and cook for 10 minutes or until soft when poked with a fork. Transfer squash only to blender.
- Add milk, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, parsley and puree until smooth.
- Meanwhile, bring the water back to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Stir in the cheese sauce, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve!
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta:
Download Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese.pdf (647.65 KB)