1 teaspoon oil
1 cup of chopped onion
3 garlic cloves, chopped
6 cups of chopped kale
1 can of white beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup of low sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup of parmesan cheese (Optional)
Plentiful and very filling, Beans and Greens are a hearty high-protein meal rich in vitamins and minerals. You can pair this with whole grain toast or brown rice to complete the meal.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add half of the greens. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the greens, white beans and chicken broth. Cover pot with a lid. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Before serving, add lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. Top with pepper and parmesan cheese if you please! Makes 4 servings.
SOURCEMany teens are not educated on what makes up a healthy diet or how to prepare meals on a budget. I created these videos to educate teens in my community on how they can help themselves and their loved ones by cooking new recipes while having fun in the kitchen!
This recipe video series was created by one teen to educate other teens on how they can help themselves and their loved ones by cooking healthy recipes on a budget! These videos were created to share with other food banks.