Thank you for your interest in fulfilling your community service hours with the Central Texas Food Bank! We will work with you to get the hours you need for court, pre-trial diversion or probation.
Esta página está disponible en español. Haga clic aquí para obtener la información traducid.
Travis County Adult Probation service hours
If your community service hours have been assigned through Travis County Adult Probation, you may complete your hours volunteering with the Food Bank.
Please use this link to sign up to volunteer as a Travis County Adult Probation volunteer. When you register, you will be asked to provide your personal information as well as your Probation Officer's name and cause number. You will also be asked to affirm that your offense is not on our list of prohibited offenses for community service volunteers.
You may sign up for any Warehouse, Kitchen or Garden shift that is available. Only hours worked in our warehouse, kitchen and garden are eligible for community service credit. You cannot get Travis County Adult Probation credit for Mobile Pantry or other volunteer opportunities.
On your first day volunteering at the Food Bank:
- Arrive 30 minutes early for your shift
- Bring your Travis County Adult Probation assignment sheet stating your offense
- Bring a copy of your photo ID
Tell the Volunteer Engagement staff person at the volunteer desk that you are here for your first day of TCAP volunteer service. We will verify that you are eligible to volunteer. You will receive volunteer credit for the 30 minutes spent verifying your registration. If you forget to verify your registration, your volunteer hours may not count toward Travis County Adult Probation.
Travis County Adult Probation donations
You may also be able to donate money in lieu of service hours. To do this, you must be in compliance with the terms of your probation and your probation officer must initiate a referral for you to become eligible. Please talk to your probation officer in order to determine if you are eligible to donate money in lieu of service hours.
Please note that we are closed and cannot accept Travis County Adult Probation clients' walk-in donations on the following dates in 2020:
- Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- Friday, March 20, 2020
- Friday, April 3, 2020 - Closed after 1PM
- Monday, May 25, 2020
- Friday, July 3, 2020
- Monday, September 7, 2020
- Monday, September 21, 2020 - No food donations;
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020 - No food donations
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020 - No food donations
- Thursday, September 24, 2020 - No food donations
- Friday, September 25, 2020 - No food donations
- Monday, September 28, 2020 - No food donations
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - No food donations
- Wednesday, September 30, 2020 - No food donations
- Friday, October 9, 2020 - Closed after 1PM
- Thursday, November 26, 2020
- Friday, November 27, 2020
- Friday, December 11, 2020 - Closed after 1PM
- Thursday, December 24, 2020
- Friday, December 25, 2020
- Thursday, December 31, 2020
If you bring us donations for probation hours during these times, we will not be able to accept them. If you want to bring your donation in person, please plan around our scheduled closures. You can also make your donation online.
Other community service programs
If you are completing community service hours through a court system outside Travis County, through a pre-trial diversion program or if you have any other mandated community service hours to fulfill, you may complete your hours volunteering with the Food Bank.
Please use this link to sign up to volunteer as a community service volunteer. You may sign up for any Warehouse, Kitchen, Garden or Mobile Food Pantry shift that is available. When you register, you will be asked to provide your personal information and affirm that your offense is not on our list of prohibited offenses for community service volunteers.
Whenever you volunteer with the Food Bank for community service, please bring your own log sheet to track your hours. The Food Bank will not provide one
You may also be able to donate funds or food in lieu of service hours. Please talk to your lawyer, judge or other community service contact in order to determine if this is possible.