1 pound rainbow Swiss chard
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large onions, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- Remove stems from Swiss chard and thinly chop.
- Heat skillet on low and add oil.
- Add onions to the pan, stirring every few minutes, for 10 minutes. While onions cook, chiffonade* the Swiss chard.
- Add stems to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add Swiss chard to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring every few minutes, or until Swiss chard wilts and onions are golden brown and tender.
- Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Serve warm.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
*Note: The chiffonade cut is used to produce fine threads of leafy fresh herbs and other greens. To chiffonade Swiss chard, stack several leaves, roll them width-wise into a tight cylinder, and slice cross-wise with a sharp knife, cutting the leaves into thin strips.
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta: