1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup onion, finely chopped
12 ounces’ Swiss chard, leaves and stalk separated and chopped into small pieces
4 cloves garlic, minced
6 ounces’ artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed, chopped into small pieces
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
½ cup low sodium parmesan cheese, grated
2 thin crust pizzas, store bought
1 cup low sodium mozzarella, chopped into small pieces
- Heat oven according to pizza crust instructions.
- On medium heat add extra virgin olive oil to a large pot.
- Add onion and Swiss chard stalks stirring frequently until soft. Add garlic and continue to cook until onion is translucent.
- Add Swiss chard leaves and artichoke hearts, cover and stir occasionally. When the Swiss chard is wilted, add Worcestershire sauce and parmesan cheese. Remove pan from heat.
- Place pot mixture on crust, top with mozzarella cheese and bake pizza according to box instructions.
- Remove from oven, cut into 8 pieces, and enjoy!
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta:
Download Hearty Swiss Chard Pizza_0_0.pdf (234.83 KB)