1 hour 10 minutes
1 cup farro or barley
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable stock, low sodium
½ cup pecans, chopped
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon coarse salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 cups baby spinach, chopped
½ cup dried figs, stems removed and quartered (about 10 figs)
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
¼ cup minced onion
- In a medium pot place farro, water and stock and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer on low for one full hour, or according to package instructions.
- While farro is cooking, place pecans in a dry pan and heat over medium to toast, about 5 minutes or so. Set aside.
- Prepare dressing by combining lemon juice, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk to combine and slowly add oil while whisking. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Once the farro is done cooking, remove lid, add spinach and cook on medium for five minutes.
- Add figs, cranberries, onion, and parsley and stir until combined.
- Stir in pecans and dressing. Serve warm or refrigerate for an hour and serve cool.
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta:
Download Farro Dried Fig Salad_1_0.pdf (562.65 KB)