1 pound ground chicken breast
1 tablespoons sesame oil
½ diced onion (about 1 cup)
1 green bell pepper (about 1.5 cup)
1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts (minced and rinsed)
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 head of romaine lettuce or lettuce of choice
1 tablespoon soy sauce (reduced sodium)
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon peanut butter (melted)
1 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
Optional: peanuts, green onions
- In a microwave-safe bowl or jar, heat the peanut butter for 30 seconds in order to melt it. Add the sauce ingredients and combine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a pan. Once hot, add ground chicken.
- Cook until some pieces are starting to brown. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is becoming translucent.
- Add the peppers and water chestnuts and cook about 5 minutes or until peppers are soft.
- Add sauce mix and cook on low heat until the chicken and veggies are evenly coated and everything is heated through.
- Serve in lettuce leaves. You can also serve on top of your favorite Asian salad, over noodles or rice!
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta:
Download Chicken Lettuce Wraps_0.pdf (658.25 KB)