Thank you for another amazing Hunger Action Month. We found new fun ways to donate last month, and you beat our expections with your generous support! Here are 5 ways you Fed It Forward this September:
1. You volunteered on Hunger Action Day, on United Way's Day of Caring, and all month long, making sure we got good food out to our clients faster.
2. You participated in our "Feed It Forward" campaign in your worplace by donating your lunch money to your neighbors in need. The awesome employees at WP Engine and Offers.com raised a combined 8,319 meals for their fellow Central Texans!
3. You went to the movies for a good cause. Whether you attended our screening of Just Eat It at the Alamo Drafthouse and learned about food waste, or donated non-perishable items to see Looper at the Blue Starlite Drive-In with the Tejas Miata Club of Austin, your support made a difference!
4. You donated produce at the Fresh Food Drive at Sustainable Food Center (SFC) Farmers' Market Downtown, making sure our clients have access to healthy food they may not be able to afford on their own.
5. You spread the word on social media by hanging spoons from your nose and sharing our events. Encouraging your friends and family to learn about hunger in our community is a great way to Feed It Forward all year long!
All told, you raised 17,291 pounds and $51,635 through Hunger Action Month events. Thank you for helping us fight hunger, we couldn't do it without you!