Holiday meals make some of our best memories and our neighbors shouldn’t have to struggle with putting a meal at their table. There’s no place like hope for the holidays and with your help, we can make this a memorable season for all Central Texans. Here’s how:
Thanks to generous matching gift challenges from Beaumont Foundation and Texas Jacobson Aviation, for every $10 you donate, you can provide 80 meals for your Central Texas neighbors this holiday season.
2. Grabbing a quick meal or grocery shopping at Whole Foods? Make your trip more meaningful and make a monetary donation at the register through December 11 to help families this season during Capitol Metro’s Stuff the Bus food drive. Or purchase a pre-packed bag filled with nutritious food to help complete a family’s holiday meal through December 7-9. After you're done shopping, place the bag inside the bus at the Domain or Downtown Whole Foods locations to help raise 100,000 for Central Texans in need.
3. Proudly wear your ugly holiday sweater to make a difference at Odell Brewing and Pinthouse Pizza Ugly Sweater Holiday Party on December 13 from 5 to 8 p.m at the Burnet and South Lamar Pinthouse Pizza locations. Odell Brewing will donate $10 to the Food Bank for anyone attending who wears an ugly holiday sweater. If you can't make it during that time, you can still fight hunger. All you have to do is tweet to a picture of yourself in an ugly holiday sweater from Pinthouse @OBCTexas at any time during the day. Odell will make a $10 donation to the Food Bank for every tweeted picture.
4. Take the family out for Univision’s free annual Noche Navideña where you can enjoy music, food, entertainment and family-friendly activities. Give back to the community every time you enter the raffle. Entry to the raffle is one food donation per raffle ticket. The event will be held on December 8 from 4 to 8:30 p.m. at the Mexican American Cultural Center.
5. Put a smile on the faces of that special someone and a family in need when you purchase a gift through Amazon Smile. When you purchase your gift through Amazon Smile, Amazon will donate 0.5 percent of the purchase price on eligible items to the Food Bank.
6. Get into the holiday spirit at Austin Trail of Lights from December 10-23 when Zilker Park is tranformed into a twinkling wonderland. Look for the Food Bank tent to drop off non-perishable food donations for families facing hunger.
7. Picking up groceries for your holiday meal? Help families gather around a full table when you shop at Sprouts Farmers Market in December. During their Grab ‘N Give food drive, you can purchase a pre-filled bag with nutritious food to donate to the Food Bank.
8. Crate & Barrel makes it easy to help families this holiday season while you check off your holiday shopping list. From now until December 31, you can make a donation to the Food bank at the register or as you check out online. All proceeds will help feed famlies in need in Central Texas.
9. Cheers to giving back! As you get ready for all the holiday parties, don't forget the drinks. Firestone Walker Beer will donate $1 to the Food Bank for every 12 pack case of 805 Beer sold through December 31.