6 corn tortillas cut into wedges
6 tablespoons of 2%milk
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoons pepper
6 tablespoons shredded Mexican cheese blend, low-fat
6 tablespoons salsa
- For tortilla chips, cut tortillas into triangles, by first cutting tortilla in half and then small wedges. Place tortilla pieces in a microwave safe dish or on a paper towel. Spread them out evenly in one layer and microwave for 1 minute, three tortillas at a time. Flip them over and heat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Beat eggs and milk with a fork in a bowl or the same microwave dish you will be using. Add salt, pepper, cheddar and stir.
- Add tortilla chips into microwave dish along with the salsa. Set some aside for garnish. Stir to combine.
- Microwave on high for about 6-8 minutes or until done. Stir egg and tortilla mix halfway through the cooking process to ensure even cooking.
- Slice into 3 pieces, and garnish with tortilla chips, Greek yogurt, salsa, cheese and cilantro.
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta:
Download Microwave Migas a la Mexicana_0.pdf (573.65 KB)