1 head medium cabbage, shredded (about 6 cups)
2 small yellow onions, sliced
1 inch ginger, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound lean ground beef
½ teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon of olive oil or sesame oil
- Chop cabbage, onion, ginger and garlic – set aside
- Season ground beef with ¼ teaspoon of salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper.
- Cook ground beef on medium heat until browned. Drain the fat and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add onions, garlic, and ginger until soft.
- Add the cabbage to the skillet and season with remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt. Cook until cabbage has softened.
- Stir the beef into the cabbage and onion mixture and heat for 1 minute.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING
Calories 180, Total Fat 9g, Carbohydrates 9g, Fiber 3g, Protein 18g, Sodium 220mg, Cholesterol 50mg
SOURCE (OR ADAPTED FROM)
Recipe modified by CHOICES Nutrition Education Program
Download the Recipe/Descargue la receta:
Download Cabbage and Beef Stir Fry_0_0.pdf (674.75 KB)