When you want to look good while doing good, the best way to express your true self is at the upcoming Keep Austin Weird Festival & 5K on Saturday, June 28, at the Long Center (701 W. Riverside Drive).
For the second year in a row, we’re teaming up with the festival to help raise awareness and funds to support our busy time of the year. Last year the event raised 1,642 meals.
Whether you choose to strap on a tutu or wear strategically placed body paint for the “slowest 5K on the planet,” your support means that we can fill the nutrition gaps left when public school meal programs close for the summer. Here’s how you can help:
- Bring healthy, non-perishable food items. When you bring three healthy, non-perishable food items, children 12 and under get in free.
- Turn your racing team into a fundraising machine by registering to start a fundraising team for the Food Bank. We provide you with the cool online fundraising tools, and success is in your hands. Top fundraisers will be featured in 2015 promotional materials, and all participants who raise over $100 will receive a signature Food Bank costume item designating you as a Lead Fundraiser. Trust us. It’ll be the most awesome accessory in the crowd.
- Have enough t-shirts in your life? You can donate $5 in lieu of receiving a 5K shirt when you register online.
- Dunk a good person for a good cause. Just $5 for 3 throws or $100 for an automatic dunk. All proceeds benefit the Food Bank.
Keep Austin Weird Festival & 5K Event Details
Date: Saturday, June 28, 2:00 P.M. – 10:00 P.M. 5K begins at 7:00 P.M.
Location: The Long Center, 701 W. Riverside Drive, Austin, TX 78704
Cost: Festival Passes: $15 in advance; $20 at the gate; 12 years old and under enter for free with a donation of three healthy, non-perishable food items.
5K Registration: Adults: $30 in advance; $35 at the gate; 12 years old and under: $15 in advance; $20 at the gate.
- KP & The Boom Boom – 3:10 P.M.
- TBird & the Breaks – 4:30 P.M.
- Uncle Lucius – 5:50 P.M.
- Riders Against the Storm – 7:10 P.M.
- Twin Forks – 8:40 P.M.