The Central Texas Food Bank will be closed in observance of Memorial Day on Monday, May 28. Get Help 24/7 by dialing 2-1-1 or calling toll-free 877-541-7905.
Resources for You
- List of places to get free food (Referral Guide) in English and Spanish
- Mobile Pantry Schedule For additional information on schedule changes and updates, call our hotline at 512-684-2559.
- Fresh Food for Families schedule
- HOPE (food for seniors 55+)
- CSFP (food for seniors 60+)
- Help with applying for food assistance (SNAP) - Food Bank staff offers walk-in appointments available on Tuesdays.
- Get Help 24/7 by dialing 2-1-1 or calling toll-free 877-541-7905. Multilingual assistance and TDD access available.
- 2-1-1 Holiday Meal Calendar
Your Right to Receive Food
When you get food from a Food Bank partner, you are entitled to these basic rights:
- to receive food and/or meals at no cost
- to NOT be required to participate in a religious event, or pay dues as a condition of receiving food
- to NOT be refused service or discriminated against based on your race, color, age, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation or political affiliation
- to be treated with respect and dignity at all times
- to NOT be required to show proof of income, identification, citizenship, driver's license, social security card, birth certificate, or any other documentation
If you feel your rights have been violated, please contact us at 512-282-2111.
What to Expect When Visiting a Food Pantry, Food Distribution or Mobile Food Pantry
When you arrive, the agency representative will ask you to fill out a basic form to show that you live in the area and ask that you declare that you need help with food.
Consider bringing a food cart or several reusable bags to take your food to your final destination. Assistance may be limited. Be sure to ask how often you may visit or use services.
Many of our partners provide additional support services such as help paying for bills, job training, health services and help with transportation. You may be required to provide additional information to the agency to receive help.
Is the weather bad? Is it a holiday? Call our hotline to see if any of our food distributions are cancelled: 512-684-2559.