Group Volunteering Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in scheduling a group volunteer event with us! When you arrive at the Food Bank or Mobile Pantry to volunteer, you can expect to join other individuals and groups in your volunteer project. Please complete the Group Registration Form below to schedule your group, and a Central Texas Food Bank staff member will be in touch to confirm your reservation details.
Before you register:
- Volunteer shifts are made available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- ALL volunteers under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult chaperone who is 21+ years of age.
- All groups with youth members under 18 years of age require one (1) adult chaperone (age 21 and up) for every five (5) youth members.
- Please note that ALL volunteers must be at least 8 years of age to serve with the Central Texas Food Bank.
- Each volunteer MUST create their own individual account to serve with the Central Texas Food Bank.
- All volunteers must wear appropriate clothing. Individuals wearing open-toed shoes, cut off shorts and/or sleeveless shirts will be asked to change clothing. Kitchen volunteers are also REQUIRED wear long pants or long skirts.
- When volunteering in the Kitchen, please bring a warm jacket/warm clothing to wear as meal assembly occurs in a cold room with temperatures between 35 and 40 degrees.
- When volunteering in the Garden, please prepare to work outdoors, and select appropriate clothing to wear for yard/field work.
- When volunteering at a Mobile Pantry, please remember to wear sneakers, tennis shoes, or work boots. For safety purposes, sandals, flip-flops and other shoes with open toes or heels are not permitted. Dress comfortably and for the weather. The distributions occur outside and will continue in inclement weather, unless doing so would present a danger to volunteers and clients.
- Please contact us a week in advance for special accommodations or arrangements for individuals who may have difficulty performing certain tasks.
- Our warehouse food sorting opportunity can accommodate groups of up to 120 volunteers, pending previous reservations.
- If you are seeking to fulfill court-appointed/community service hours, please click here to learn more about our community service volunteer program.
- The Central Texas Food Bank reserves the right to cancel a volunteer shift at any time.
- Volunteers are who are more than 30 minutes late for their shift will be asked to reschedule upon arrival—NO EXCEPTIONS. If you will be late upon arrival, please reschedule your shift.
Have questions? See our Frequently Asked Questions page for answers!