The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger.” We are accomplishing this by recruiting motivated, mission driven volunteers.
The Central Texas Food Bank (CTFB) is looking for administrative volunteers to assist our various departments with administrative tasks. These tasks may vary by department, shift and time of the year. Volunteers will be assigned to work with departments and on tasks based on the volunteer’s interests and strengths.
The Administrative Volunteer may be asked to do any of the following tasks:
- Fold and stuff mailings
- Handwrite personalized mailing
- Filing of paperwork
- Scanning or copying
- Data entry
Before becoming an Administrative Volunteer, you will:
- Visit with a member of our Volunteer Engagement team who will answer questions and get information about your skills, schedule and availability
- Attend a 30 minute orientation about the food bank
- Sign a Client Confidentiality Agreement
We are looking for volunteers who will be able to meet these requirements:
- Detail-oriented individual
- Exercise good judgement and discretion and strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information
- Follow our volunteer agreement and code of conduct
- Minimum of 21 years of age
You are a great candidate if you are:
- Passionate about helping others
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Bonus points if you speak a language other than English.
If you believe in the mission of the Food Bank, are interested in joining our team to fight hunger, and you would like to make sure that the generosity of others is recognized, you would make a great Administrative Volunteer.
To apply, please email the Food Bank’s Volunteer Engagement team at