The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger.” We are accomplishing this by recruiting motivated, mission driven volunteers.
The Central Texas Food Bank (CTFB) is looking for administrative volunteers to assist our various departments with administrative tasks. This position is available during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) and work is performed at our offices (6500 Metropolis Dr, Austin, TX 78744). These tasks may vary by department, shift and time of the year. Volunteers will be assigned to work wit departments on tasks based on the volunteer's interests and strengths. Tasks can include:
- Data entry into online client management database, Excel spreadsheets, survey software or unique Food Bank programs.
- Scan documents and digitally filing on network drives.
- Processing client enrollment forms.
- Copying or laminating materials.
- Other administrative tasks, as assigned.
Before becoming an Administrative Volunteer, you will:
Visit with a member of our Volunteer Engagement team who will answer questions and get information about your skills, schedule and availability.
- Attend a 30 minute orientation about the Food Bank.
- Sign a Client Confidentiality Agreement.
- Complete client management database training (1 to 1 1/2 hours).
- We are looking for volunteers who will be able to meet these requirements:
- Comfortable working in a variety of software and web-based programs
- Detail-oriented individual
- Exercise good judgement and discretion and strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information
- Follow our volunteer agreement and code of conduct
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Passionate about helping others
- Flexible and adaptable to change
If you believe in the mission of the Food Bank, are interested in joining our team to fight hunger and you would like to make sure that the generosity to others is recognized, you would make a great Administrative Volunteer.
To apply, please email the Food Bank’s Volunteer Engagement team at email@example.com and let us know what site(s) you are interested in.