The Ambassador Program aims to engage energetic and committed volunteers in the mission of the Food Bank by serving as representatives and advocates in our community. Ambassadors can help the Food Bank at fairs, speaking engagements, festivals, concerts, and other events. Ambassadors may attend community events during regular business hours, at night, or on the weekends and we request that you help out by attending 4 events per year.
To learn more about the Ambassador program, read the Ambassador Program Overview.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Previously completed at least 2 volunteer shifts with the Food Bank (i.e. warehouse, kitchen, mobile pantry, garden)
- Commit to volunteering for one year
- Volunteer at a minimum of four Food Bank events per year, including one festival that involves many Ambassadors (i.e. Reggae Fest, Hot Sauce Fest)
- Agree to wear Ambassador shirt at all events
How to Become an Ambassador?
Step 1: Submit an online application.
Step 2: CTFB staff will schedule a phone interview (30 minutes) to determine if being an Ambassador is the best fit for your volunteer interests.
Step 3: Attend Ambassador Orientation and Training – 1.5-hour sessions are offered at different times throughout the year to accommodate to your schedule.
Step 4: Begin signing up for available opportunities! Volunteer Hub is an online system that is updated as events are known. Sign up for events as far as 3 months into the future.
Our energetic, committed Volunteer Ambassadors are trained to represent the Food Bank out in the community. As an ambassador, you’ll help spread our message and grow support for our mission. Apply online.