The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programming and fundraising events but also by hiring motivated, mission-driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a Warehouse Manager reporting to the Director of Operations. This position is responsible for the effective and safe managing of the basic warehouse operations of the Food Bank, including shipping and receiving, inventory maintenance, and disbursement of products.
As a warehouse Manager you will,
Perform the duties and responsibilities of this position in alignment with our Core Values of Vitality, Innovation and Stewardship:
- Oversee staffing including recruitment, orientation, training, scheduling, and coaching.
- Communicate job expectations, manage performance, provide timely and accurate feedback while reviewing individual and team contributions. Develop goals, performance metrics, and performance management processes for warehouse operations; Ensure quality, budget and environmental objectives are met.
- Foster an approachable, transparent and action-oriented culture through consistent individual teaching, coaching and motivating team to ensure overall productivity targets are met while maintaining a cohesive, positive environment and interdepartmental communication.
- Embrace and reinforce LEAN culture by participating in Kaizen and related opportunities; actively implement LEAN strategies to develop production flow processes and identify process improvement to support cost reduction and/or food distribution growth strategies; provide an opportunity to develop team in LEAN strategies.
- Analyze operational capacity to recommend process improvements, staffing requirements, and long-range strategic investments to be able to prepare, implement and maintain production standards and help create a performance culture.
- Monitor and analyze performance data including: inventory losses, production goals, safety reports, attendance records identify problems, determine causes and implements effective changes to improve results.
- Work closely with Director of Ops to support preparation and regulation of an annual budget; manage and schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions.
- Monitor the integrity of products and food safety standards are met; Ensure all perishable products are inspected for quality and properly rotated and stored under correct conditions; Establish and maintain operational procedures for activities such as handling and disposition of product and warehouse inventory accuracy.
- Ensure facility and equipment is in constant compliance with all Federal and State OSHA, HACCP, USDA, AIB and First Aid regulation requirements.
- Schedule and evaluate equipment utilization and maintenance to make data-based recommendations on machinery and equipment including retirement, purchasing and other strategies.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures.
You are a great candidate if you have,
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) with major course work in Warehouse Operations, Business, Non-Profit or a related field and/or 10 years’ experience in Warehouse Management.
- Five years + of demonstrated experience managing full time wage earning staff
- Five years + of wage-earning experience in the Warehouse Operations field (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of warehouse operations and the operation of warehouse equipment; with the ability to train other staff on safety processes.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects, setting priorities and working independently under aggressive timelines.
- Excellent written, organization and verbal communication skills, strong command of office applications such as Excel etc.
- Demonstrates good judgment and discretion.
- Extensive knowledge of safe warehouse practices (lifting, stacking pallets, power equipment etc.)
- Demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers.
- A valid government issued driver’s license.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working inside, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile.