I. JOB SUMMARY
This position performs routine manual tasks in maintaining the cleanliness, sanitary conditions, and appearance of the company building as well as performing higher-level specialized custodial tasks.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Cleans, sweeps, and dusts warehouse areas (dry, freezer, coolers, isolation, and product recovery.
- Runs floor scrubber on all warehouse floors including pull locations for product.
- Cleans racks, guard rails, dust electric panels, battery chargers and forklifts.
- Empties and decontaminates trash containers.
- Washes and cleans distribution and receiving docks. Cleans under all dock plates.
- Sweeps sidewalks, porches and removes debris around outside of building.
- De-Ice in entire freezer (Freezer Door, floor, etc.)
- De-Webs entire warehouse (ceilings, walls, etc.)
- Performs custodial related duties necessary to maintain cleanliness and sanitary conditions.
- Performs many varied custodial tasks necessary for the upkeep of buildings and grounds. Picks up trash outside of the building and grounds.
- Serves, as needed on a specialized set-up crew with principal responsibilities for setting up tables, chairs, and other furniture for special meetings, banquets or other occasions.
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A. Education, Experience, and Training
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited organization recognized by the Council for Education Accreditation (CEA).
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with food bank staff, volunteers, agency personnel, and visitors to food bank property.
- Ability to represent the Food Bank in a courteous and professional manner.
B. Knowledge and Skills
- Highly motivated, with the ability to work independently, take initiative, participate as an effective team member and follow tasks through to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment and discretion.
IV. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate portable radios (i.e. walkie talkie), rider floor scrubber and scissor lift.
- Conditions may include working in inclement weather, subzero freezer and cooler, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, fax machine, Warehouse equipment, i.e. forklift, floor scrubber etc. and telephone.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
No recruiters, phone calls or walk-ins, please.
The Central Texas Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sex or age.