About Central Texas Food Bank
Looking for a way to make a difference without sacrificing a competitive salary and excellent benefits? Apply to join the Central Texas Food Bank team! We’re looking for highly-motivated people to bring their unique skills to our mission of nourishing our neighbors and leading our community in the fight against hunger. As the region’s largest hunger relief charity, the Food Bank offers a diverse and inclusive workplace, professional development opportunities, and a culture of promoting from within. Our core values, Compassion, Honesty, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork, chart our course.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a Warehouse Associate in our Warehouse Logistics Department. The primary responsibilities for this position include loading/unloading product, providing product to the partner agencies and putting product away during shifts, and maintaining the Warehouse. Requiring dependable assistance in warehouse operations and safety procedures, this position works independently and with minimal direct supervision.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor and a member of the Warehouse team, this position is a highly energetic position internally and cross functionally.
- Experience in a commercial warehouse environment required
- Experience working in a Food Service Industry preferred
- The ability to work in subzero freezer for up to 4 hours per day
- Experienced in warehousing functions
- Demonstrated ability to operate warehouse equipment like forklift, reach truck, electric jacks and rider jacks
- The capability to lift, push, or pull at least 50 pounds
- The capacity to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- The ability to work cooperatively with other staff, volunteers, agency personnel, and store employees
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
Bonus points for
- Being highly motivated, with the ability to work independently, take initiative, participate as an effective team member and follow tasks through to completion
- Having excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrating good judgment and discretion
- Demonstrating the ability to work cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers
- The ability to represent the Food Bank in a professional manner under a variety of conditions
- Pulling and verifying agency orders, loading and unloading of transportation vehicles, working with the transportation plan to ensure accuracy of orders and truckloads
- Receiving donations and keeping accurate log entries of all donations
- Following procedures pertaining to proper handling of agency orders/inventory documentation
- Maintaining the warehouse in a neat, orderly state, following 5S methodology
- Maintaining the freezer and cooler in a neat and orderly condition, including frequent trash removal, and ensuring access to products
- Assisting route drivers by evaluating the condition of donations they pick up, placing acceptable products in proper storage, and immediately discarding all unacceptable product
- Operating warehouse equipment in a safe manner
- Assisting in periodic physical inventories, as directed
- Complying with all health regulations and other laws that govern food handling
- Performing additional duties as assigned by the Operations Management Team
- Aligning work duties with The Food Bank Mission and Vision
- Asked to perform other duties as assigned
- Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working in inclement weather, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, forklift and other warehouse power equipment.
We are committed to service, above all else, in our community and for our team members. With our commitment to the health and wellness of our team members, we provide a full benefits package to include the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans,
- company paid short and long term disability insurance plus employee life insurance,
- 403b retirement plan plus up to 5% matching contribution after one year of service,
- telemedicine for physical and mental health,
- employee assistance program,
- paid time off including paid holidays,
- outdoor seating area with a garden view, and an
- On-site gym with a shower.
In addition, Central Texas Food Bank is designated a Texas Mother-Friendly Workplace AND a Best Place for Working Parents. Grow your career, build your network and develop your talents while enjoying the flexibility of a family-friendly environment.