I. JOB SUMMARY
The objective of this position is to provide assistance in all areas of the warehouse.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Customer service on our distribution dock of pulling and verifying agency orders, and supervise loading of agency vehicles.
- Receives donations and keeps accurate log entries of all donations
- Follows procedures pertaining to proper handling of work ticket/inventory documentation.
- Maintain the warehouse is a neat and orderly state.
- Maintain the freezer and cooler in a neat and orderly condition, including frequent trash removal, ensuring access to products.
- Assists route drivers by assessing the condition of donations they pick up, placing acceptable products in proper storage, and immediately discarding all unacceptable product.
- Operates warehouse equipment in a safe manner.
- Helps conduct periodic physical inventories, as directed.
- Complies with all health regulations and other laws that govern food handling.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Operations Management Team.
- Aligns work duties with CAFB Mission and Vision.
- Perform other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A. Education, Experience, and Training
- 2+ years of experience in the Food Service Industry/Sub Zero Freezer required.
- Must be able to work in subzero freezer for up to 5 hours per day.
- Experience in warehousing and demonstrated ability to operate all warehouse equipment.
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff, volunteers, agency personnel, and store employees.
B. Knowledge and Skills
- Highly motivated, with the ability to work independently, take initiative, participate as an effective team member and follow tasks through to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers.
- Ability to represent the Food Bank in a professional manner under a variety of conditions.
IV. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working in inclement weather, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, forklift and other warehouse power equipment.