About Central Texas Food Bank
Looking for a way to make a difference without sacrificing a competitive salary and excellent benefits? Apply to join the Central Texas Food Bank team! We’re looking for highly-motivated people to bring their unique skills to our mission of nourishing our neighbors and leading our community in the fight against hunger. As the region’s largest hunger relief charity, the Food Bank offers a diverse and inclusive workplace, professional development opportunities, and a culture of promoting from within. Our core values, Compassion,Honesty, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork, chart our course.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for an innovative Vice President (VP) of Client Services. In this role you will drive the Food Bank’s strategic priorities in the key areas of oversee health and wellness, workforce development, client benefits, case management, and direct service interventions to families. The Vice President (VP) of Client Services is responsible for applying a public health lens to the Food Bank’s efforts to alleviate food insecurity, helping position the Food Bank as a leader in promoting community health, client outreach and direct service. This position is highly visible internally and externally and is critical to our success in feeding central Texas families. The person for this role must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace while overseeing an organization of 20 team members with 2 direct reports.
Building and maintaining collaborative and meaningful relationships is a core component of this position. Internally, this role must nurture strong connections with colleagues across the Food Bank including Network Services and Food Industry. Externally, this position will build and nurture relationships with community partners, the general public and clients focusing on the link between hunger and health. Proven and demonstrated leadership, professionalism and effective communication skills to achieve goals are necessary for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, social work or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 12 + years relevant experience in public health, public administration, nonprofit management, or other related field.
- Progressive career experience developing partnerships and working with community-based organizations.
- Knowledge of central Texas and its network of services for low-income families.
- Demonstrated ability to think and execute strategically while consistently evaluating processes/practices for improvements.
- Comfort and experience working with people from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic, and religious backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate with, influence, and motivate partners, government officials, community organizations, and other stakeholders to ensure program success.
- Strong customer service orientation – both organizational and interpersonal. Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and professional relationships.
- Experience successfully administering multi-faceted client-based programs within budget and on-time.
- Experience developing innovative client-focused strategies and leading successful execution, in a dynamic, highly collaborative environment.
- Strong experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Exemplary presentation, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong moral compass with commitment to improving the lives of those we serve in a dignified environment.
- Commitment to organization vision, mission, values.
- Assist with the creation, operationalization and management of the strategic vision for the Client Services division of the program department which includes: Health & Wellness, Benefits Assistance/Case Management, Workforce Training, and Direct Meal Service Programs.
- Develop, coach and manage team members, setting departmental and team member goals, objectives and KPIs to ensure organization goals and strategic priorities are met within budget and on time.
- Effectively coach team members and provide supportive and developmental feedback to enhance performance.
- Setperformance goals for team members that align to CTFB’s strategy, and evaluate performance against goals on a regular basis.
- Ensure that team members develop the technical, leadership and professional skills necessary for success. Develop a high-performance team culture focused on leadership and accountability at all levels, continuous learning, collaboration, measurement, and goal achievement by modeling the way and enabling others to act.
- Develop relationships and collaborates with a wide variety of community organizations to maintain and improve CTFB client services.
- Lead the development and communication of the Food Bank’s nutrition and healthcare policies, educating the Food Bank, community partners, and general public about social determinants of health, the link between hunger and health, and the positive impact of access to nutritious foods on community health.
- Build community relationships and strategic partnerships with key nutrition and health/healthcare, workforce development, client service focused organizations and lead the Food Bank’s client strategies.
- Develop, implement and oversee a case management approach to client services, ensuring continuum of care within a point of entry framework that includes providing immediate access to nutritious food, connecting clients with benefits and other resource assistance, and workforce training programs. These approaches include a screen and intervene philosophy.
- Represent the food bank at community meetings, within the Feeding America network and liaise with a variety of diverse stakeholders.
- Collaborate on cross-departmental initiatives to support the implementation of new and existing health and nutrition programming, case management and client direct services.
- Oversee the development of a workforce training program and build key relationships to identify job placement opportunities.
- Set performance metrics to ensure organizational and programmatic success in reaching out to food insecure individuals and families, connecting them to ongoing nutritional support in central Texas.
- Meet all scheduled reporting requirements, including but not limited to audits, grants, funder requests, internal reporting requirements, contract management dashboards, etc.
- Collaborate across departments, with particular attention to funding, operations, finance and data management.
- Model the behavior of a high performing leader who is committed to service, and leads the way for living our values in support of the organization mission and vision.
- Make decisions in the best interest of families and the community we serve.
- Actively supports organization’s values, goals and objectives by leading by example and demonstrate support of organizational message without blaming other departments, leaders or providing personal opinions.
- Hours of Operation: Generally Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, some evening and weekend hours may be required especially during peak times, disaster response, or holidays.
- Environment: This position requires sitting for long periods of the time, utilizing computers, laptops, and other technology, and may include working at distribution sites outside.The position also requires working alone and with others on a team.
- Travel: CTFB serves 21 counties in Central Texas and often requires same-day travel between counties, using a personal vehicle, CTFB passenger fleet and possibly occasional out of town travel for meetings, special events or meeting for some positions.
We are committed to service, above all else, in our community and for our team members. With our commitment to the health and wellness of our team members, we provide a full benefits package to include the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans,
- company paid short and long term disability insurance plus employee life insurance,
- 403b retirement plan plus up to 5% matching contribution after one year of service,
- telemedicine for physical and mental health,
- employee assistance program,
- paid time off including paid holidays,
- outdoor seating area with a garden view, and an
- on-site gym with a shower.
In addition, Central Texas Food Bank is designated a Texas Mother-Friendly Workplace AND a Best Place for Working Parents. Grow your career, build your network and develop your talents while enjoying the flexibility of a family-friendly environment.