Help ensure children get the nutritious meals they need this summer! Broaden your experience this summer by taking on a short-term assignment as a Meal Delivery Driver with the Summer Food Service program. The Central Texas Food Bank is a sponsor of the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) which provides free, nutritious meals and snacks to help children get the nutrition they need to learn, play, and grow, throughout the summer months when they are out of school. The Central Texas Food Bank prepares all children’s meals in-house and will deliver summer meals and snacks directly to our partner sites across Travis and surrounding counties.
Timeframe: Including training, this 30-40 hr/week assignment will run from approximately May 28, 2019-August 16, 2019. This position offers limited time-off opportunities.
- Operate delivery vans in a safe and courteous manner
- Deliver meals to partner sites on-time (i.e. during approved delivery time zones), in accordance with delivery procedures, and by following a prepared route.
- Load meals into transit containers and load transit containers into delivery vans
- Collect previous days meal containers and return them to the Food Bank daily
- Provide first class customer service to all partners, program participants and the general public
- Serve as an ambassador between the Food Bank and the partner sites and with all partner site leaders
- Complete all required program training; Follow all program guidelines outlined in the training (training provided)
- Complete all required program paperwork
- Communicate with Kitchen team and/or Children’s Programs team regarding all related program activities
- Communicate and document all required program activities
- Report site information to the Food Bank
- Count number of meals delivered, check them thoroughly each day, obtaining an authorized signature on all receipts
- Maintain program documentation and submit daily copies of delivery receipts, temperature logs, meal count records and daily reports
- Follow procedures for waste management including recycling policies and procedures
- Adhere to all Central Texas Food Bank policies, food safety standards and HACCP plans.
- Performs a variety of additional duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed
- Food Handler’s Certification required, (NRAEF ServSafe or Austin/Travis County recognized program) or willingness to complete this before the 1st day of work.
- Ability to work effectively with food bank staff and volunteers.
- A desire to help ensure children get high quality and nutritious meals they need this summer
- Possession of a current Texas driver’s license, liability insurance and a clean driving record.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions without direct supervision.
- Commitment to serving children in accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy which strictly prohibits this program from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
Additional Requirements with or without Reasonable Accommodations:
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry under 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working inside, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car or van.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, telephone, and automobile.