The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programing and fundraising events but by hiring motivated, mission-driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a dynamic SOCIAL SERVICES MANAGER in our Programs Department. This position is primarily responsible for leading the Social Services team comprised of seven dedicated staff members who travel to social service agencies and other partners in 21 counties and provide education and application assistance to potential clients that may be eligible for state public benefit programs including SNAP (food stamps), Medicaid, CHIP, TANF and others. This position will lead the strategic planning and development of an expanded Social Services program, ensuring strategic alignment with CTFB’s broader programming. Reporting into the Chief Program Officer, this position is highly visible internally and externally and is critically important in maintaining and expanding partnerships across our 21-county territory, including our Partner Agency network and other local and regional partners.
As a Social Services Manager, you will
- Provide leadership and general oversight of the Social Services program, including strategic planning, on-going reporting and program budgeting.
- Provide daily supervision of the Social Services team.
- Support the on-going development, implementation and monitoring of program goals, reports, budget, and marketing efforts.
- Build and maintain team processes and systems that ensure efficient program operations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of SNAP and hunger relief.
- Assist clients in the application process for SNAP and other assistance programs available through yourtexasbenefits.com.
- Implement Social Services activities throughout the food bank service area while maintaining and expanding productive relationships with current Partner Agencies and other regional partners.
- Meet all scheduled reporting requirements of the Health & Human Services/Feeding Texas (HHSC/FT) contract and act as a key contact with designated HHSC and FT representatives.
- Act as a primary contact with food bank Partner Agencies to provide education and application assistance to potential SNAP and other social services recipients.
- Work interdepartmentally to ensure program excellence.
You are a great candidate if you have
- Bachelor's degree in Public Policy, Social Work, Business or related field required
- Three to five year’s full-time, wage-earning supervisory experience in Social Services and/or Social Work and relevant experience dealing with diverse populations in a face-to-face setting.
- Demonstrated program management experience, including experience growing and expanding programs.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with volunteers and families of varying socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate information in a professional manner to a diverse range of people.
- Proven knowledge and demonstrated proficiency with current HIPAA regulations required.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding, familiarity, and sensitivity to hunger and poverty issues.
- Ability to work cooperatively and productively within a high-performance, results-oriented, environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Texas Driver’s License and proof of insurance.
Bonus points for
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of public benefits and Federal nutrition programs preferred.
- Strategic planning experience