Reporting to the Senior’s Program Manager, the Senior’s Program Coordinator supports the development of new and the strengthening of existing programming that serves food-insecure Central Texan seniors. This position is responsible for building systems and coordinating the logistics for programs serving seniors.
This position is highly visible both internally and externally, requiring strong relationship management and communication skills. Proven and demonstrated professionalism, effective communication skills and customer service mindset to achieve goals are necessary for this role.
- High School or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Public Policy or related field preferred
- 2+ years related work experience
- Experience providing superior customer service with a focus on relationship management in a service-delivery setting.
- Ability to adapt communication style to unique audience and cultural context, proactively identifying and overcoming breakdowns in communication.
- Flexibility in response to change, adapting quickly to shifting priorities while staying focused on solving problems with creative solutions.
- Ability to interact effectively in the community and at multiple levels within organizations, especially those serving culturally and economically diverse communities.
- High level of emotional intelligence, political astuteness, diplomacy and relationship building skills.
- Good judgment and discretion; strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information.
- An understanding of and value equity as an organizational operating principle and are committed to continued learning on issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Experience with food distribution programs and/or other program development and implementation preferred.
- Experience with federal Senior programming such as CSFP.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, especially Salesforce preferred.
- Knowledge of racial justice, social equity and systemic racism; sensitivity to issues and concerns of communities of color and other diverse groups.
- Ability to balance attention to detail and goal/vision within program implementation.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Belief in CTFB’s mission, vision, values and culture
- Display a willingness and desire to work with people from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic and religious backgrounds.
- Display a commitment to service above all else.
- Coordinate the daily operations of the CSFP and HOPE programs.
- Support program partners with outreach materials to promote services to target populations.
- Coordinate a portfolio of senior distribution program sites. Overseeing ordering, distributions, implementing client feedback systems, and maintaining files.
- Escalate program partner or client complaints and other issues to the Program Manager in a timely manner.
- Assist with program development including updating policies and procedures.
- Assist with researching and pursuing new partnership opportunities and program models for future and existing initiatives
- Attend relevant community meetings to build Senior populations network and inform programming decisions
- Contribute to the design of Senior programming models and initiatives
- Build relationships across departments to support team and organizational priorities
- Become a subject matter expert in CSFP/TEFAP/USDA commodity programming and ensure partners are in adherence through routine site visit and data tracking and reporting.
- Utilize databases and implement partner utilization of systems to streamline processes and procedures of Senior programming.
- Support the Network Standards and Capacity Team working with Partner Agencies that operate CTFB senior programs with routine trainings and questions as needed.
- Support all programs and services including direct distributions as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, data gathering, and completion of goals, metrics and deadlines.
- Commit to supporting CTFB’s mission, vision, values, and culture
- Perform additional duties as necessary and/or requested including utilizing language skills you possess for those we serve and the organization.
- Hours of Operation: Although organization hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., some days start as early as 6:30am to accommodate travel time to distribution sites. After hours work may be required throughout the year, especially during peak times and disaster relief.
- Environment: This position works in a field and office setting. Conditions include working inside, working outside in various weather conditions such as extreme heat, cold or rain, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, and working alone. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. The noise is the work environment is usually can range from quiet to loud.
- Travel: CTFB serves 21 counties in central Texas and often requires same-day travel between counties, using a personal vehicle, CTFB passenger fleet and possibly occasional out of town travel for meetings or special events. Valid government-issued Driver’s License and proof of liability insurance required.
- OSHA Standards - Lifting requirements are 50 pounds and when lifting loads heavier than 50 pounds, use two or more people to lift the load.
We are committed to service, above all else, in our community and for our team members. With our commitment to the health and wellness of our team members, we provide a full benefits package to include the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans,
- company paid short and long term disability insurance plus employee life insurance,
- 403b retirement plan plus up to 5% matching contribution after one year of service,
- telemedicine for physical and mental health,
- employee assistance program,
- paid time off including paid holidays,
- outdoor seating area with a garden view, and an
- on-site gym with a shower.
In addition, Central Texas Food Bank is designated a Texas Mother-Friendly Workplace AND a Best Place for Working Parents. Grow your career, build your network and develop your talents while enjoying the flexibility of a family-friendly environment.