The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programming and fundraising events but by hiring motivated, mission-driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank (CTFB) is looking for a highly organized PROJECT SPECIALIST. This is a key role on our Operations Team, providing support to the team and strategic processes to ensure the highest quality and most efficient operations. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer (COO), the Project Specialist will support internal team and cross-departmental projects to ensure projects and associates’ tasks are on track, deadlines are met, and desired outcomes are delivered. The Project Specialist must be able to develop a breadth of knowledge to “connect the dots” for all operation related projects. This position will also provide a variety of administrative support, to the overall management of the team to ensure optimal performance and goals are consistently met.
As a PROJECT SPECIALIST, you will
- Assist in the implementation of processes or projects, including planning, developing, implementing and evaluating processes and projects, coordinating project activities, collaborating with project team members, and monitoring team progress towards goals.
- Work with the Chief Operations Officer and the programs team to create team and project work plans, timelines, processes and procedures to ensure optimal team performance.
- Prepare project collateral, presentations and other needed documents to communicate project progress.
- Create timelines, track and report on program activity, progress and summaries of work.
- Handle community and partner inquiries, draft communication, arrange meetings, take notes at meetings.
- Implement and maintain procedures/administrative systems.
- Prepare correspondence and agendas for meetings, maintain notes in an organized manner to report activity back to Chief Operations Officer, document key decisions and collaborate with team members to develop project collateral.
- Conduct project reporting, project management and data analysis.
- Conduct data analysis to create reports using spreadsheets in excel to determine program needs, deliverables, track program benchmarks and make recommendations for change.
- Be the point of contact for staff collaboration for cross-team and programmatic staff and tasks.
- Provide administrative support related to the overall management of programs including maintaining all project documentation in an organized up-to-date manner and perform related clerical or process functions as needed.
You are a great candidate if you have
- 2+ years in Business Operations focused on tracking and planning projects
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management or another related field
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects with tight deadlines while paying close attention to the details of all deliverables
- Experience communicating with senior leaders and team members internal/external to the organization while maintaining a positive customer service attitude, flexibility and poise
- Ability to use written and verbal communication skills to easily translate data into understandable documents, communicate complex ideas and present data
- Ability to work with limited supervision with high levels of initiative
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Tact and discretion and ability to handle confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, influence others and offer a strategic perspective
- Strong attention to detail, project coordination and organizational skills
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet
Bonus points for
- Analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports, presentations, meetings, etc.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Knowledge of supply chain management, warehouse operations, commercial kitchen operations a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other data tracking tools
- Previous experience working with online tracking systems and/or project management software
If this sounds like you, please submit your Cover Letter along with your Resume and tell us why this is your job.