Title: Nutrition Intern
Status: Internship, Spring Semester 2019, 15 hour/week commitment
Salary/Wage Grade: Unpaid/available for academic credit
Reports to: Nutrition Education Manager
The Central Texas Food Bank Nutrition Education Intern supports the CHOICES Nutrition Education Program in their effort to provide nutrition education to the community. This person will gain valuable experience in community nutrition and work with a Registered Dietitian and Nutritionists.
- Prepare and distribute recipe samples and hand out nutrition education materials to clients during classes or demonstrations throughout Central Texas.
- Develop nutrition education materials for distribution out in the community.
- Research new techniques to engage partner agencies and clients in nutrition and healthy lifestyles.
- Serve as an assistant for CHOICES Program Nutrition Education classes (children, adults, and/or senior classes).
- Assist Nutritionist with Kids Cafe Nutrition Education Toolkit creation and/or children’s meal program menu analysis using Food Processor software.
- Create, test and analyze recipes for clients using food bank inventory.
- Assist staff wellness committee in creating wellness program materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Nutrition Education Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- A passion for hunger relief, previous volunteer experience with a non-profit organization preferred.
- Knowledgeable and interest in nutrition education, cooking, and healthy lifestyles.
- Interpersonal skills, able to interact with people of various backgrounds, including clients facing hunger.
- Can work both collaboratively and independently.
- Bilingual skills highly desired (English/Spanish).
How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter with Subject: "Nutrition Education Internship Application” to Anadeli Bautista at email@example.com.