Title: Nutrition Intern
Status: Internship, Spring Semester 2020, 15 hour/week commitment,
Salary/Wage Grade: Unpaid/available for academic credit
Reports to: Manager of Nutrition Education Program
The Central Texas Food Bank Nutrition Education Intern supports the CHOICES Nutrition Education Program in their effort to provide nutrition education to the community. This person will gain valuable experience in community nutrition and work with a Registered Dietitian and Nutritionists.
- Assist with Nutrition Education classes including children, adults, and/or senior classes.
- Teach your very own nutrition education classes under the supervision of a nutrition educator.
- Prepare and distribute recipe samples and education materials for clients classes or demonstrations throughout Central Texas
- Develop nutrition education materials and handouts for the staff wellness committee and for clients
- Create, test and analyze recipes for clients using food bank inventory.
- Create, test and analyze recipes utilizing food bank ingredients using Food Processor nutrition analysis software
- Explore your creative side with Adobe InDesign and help create posters, flyers, brochures, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Nutrition Education Team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- A passion for hunger relief, previous volunteer experience with a non-profit organization preferred
- Knowledgeable and interest in nutrition education, cooking, and healthy lifestyles
- Interpersonal skills, able to interact with people of various backgrounds, including clients facing hunger
- Can work both collaboratively and independently
- Bilingual skills highly desired (English/Spanish)
How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter with Subject: "Nutrition Education Internship Application” to Anadeli Bautista at firstname.lastname@example.org.