The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programming and fundraising events but by hiring motivated, mission-driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a dynamic Non-CDL Driver in our Operations Department. The primary responsibility of this position is to load and unload company vehicles and to provide timely and efficient transportation of food products from donors to the Food Bank and back to our partner agencies. It requires dependable assistance in warehouse operations and safety procedures with emphasis on receipt and storage of incoming product. This position works independently and with minimal direct supervision.
As a Non – CDL Driver, you will be expected to
- Customer service on our distribution dock of pulling and verifying agency orders, and supervise loading of agency vehicles.
- Receives donations and keeps accurate log entries of all donations.
- Follows procedures pertaining to proper handling of work ticket/inventory documentation.
- Maintain the warehouse in a neat and orderly state.
- Maintain the freezer and cooler in a neat and orderly condition, including frequent trash removal, ensuring access to products
- Help conduct periodic physical inventories, as directed.
- Transports food from donors to the Food Bank and from the Food Bank to agencies- this includes loading, driving, and unloading product.
- Develops good working relationships with store personnel and agency personnel, and immediately notifies Transportation Manager of any potential problems.
- Keeps accurate, legible log of the weights and sources of all food and grocery products donated and all agency receipts and shortages.
- Assesses the condition of donated food, placing acceptable products in proper storage and immediately discarding unacceptable product.
- Marks and sorts perishable foods that require special handling.
- Maintains the freezers and cooler in a neat and orderly condition.
- Maintains vehicle condition logs and immediately informs Transportation Manager of any problems concerning Food Bank vehicles including accidents, mechanical failure, or need for maintenance.
- Operates forklifts, jacks, trucks, and other warehouse equipment in a safe manner.
- Works cooperatively with warehouse staff and assists with warehouse duties when time permits.
- Complies with all health regulations and other laws that govern food handling.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You are a great candidate if you have
- 2+ years of experience in a commercial warehouse environment required.
- 1+ years’ experience working in a Food Service industry preferred.
- Experience in warehousing and demonstrated ability to operate all warehouse equipment.
- Possession of a current Texas Class C driver’s license with at least two years route delivery experience and a good driving record for at least three years (requires approval by insurance company as approved driver).
- Current, valid Personal Liability Insurance coverage with a minimum of $500,000 required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer literacy
Bonus points for
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. In particular, the ability to understand and organize detailed information and possess attention to detail with the ability to solve problems and show initiative
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Exercise good judgment and discretion; strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information.
- Coordination – Work closely with Transportation management to keep projects and tasks moving forward.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working outside in inclement weather, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile.