Reporting to the Director of Network Services and overseeing a program of 5+ team members, with 3 direct reports, the Manager of Network Standards and Capacity Services ensures the successful performance of the Network Capacity and Compliance program. This position is integral to ending hunger in our 21 county service area by working with both internal and external stakeholders including a network of 250+ Partner Agencies and community partners. The ideal candidate must possess successful experience in management of team members, management of programs with adherence to compliance and regulatory standards, and the ability to lead and nurture capacity building.
Building and maintaining collaborative and meaningful relationships is a core component of this position. Internally, this role must nurture strong connections with colleagues on various teams but especially with the Logistics, Warehouse, and Food Industry departments. Demonstrated professionalism and effective communication skills to achieve goals are necessary for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Master’s preferred.
- 3+ years of related leadership experience, including team member supervision and management.
- Experience with partnerships and working with community-based organizations.
- Knowledge of central Texas and its network of services for low-income families.
- Demonstrated ability to execute program goals strategically while consistently evaluating processes/practices for improvements.
- Comfort and experience working with people from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic, and religious backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate with, influence, and motivate others.
- Strong customer service orientation – both organizational and interpersonal. Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and professional relationships.
- Experience successfully administering multi-faceted client-based programs within budget and on-time.
- Experience developing innovative client-focused strategies and leading successful execution, in a dynamic, highly collaborative environment.
- Strong experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Exemplary presentation, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong moral compass with commitment to improving the lives of those we serve in a dignified environment.
- Commitment to organization vision, mission, values.
- Effectively manage and coach the Network Standards and Capacity team and provide supportive and developmental feedback to enhance performance. Ensure that team members develop the technical, leadership and professional skills necessary for success. Set performance goals for team members that align to CTFB’s strategy, and evaluate performance against goals on a regular basis.
- Develop a high-performance team culture focused on leadership and accountability at all levels, continuous learning, collaboration, measurement, and goal achievement by modeling the way and enabling others to act.
- Manage the training of the Network of Partner Agencies in food safety, data reporting, privacy requirements, ordering practices, and have the tools and resources necessary to maintain a successful partnership with the CTFB. This includes assisting in the development of a comprehensive Partner Agency training and technical assistance plan, including the planning of annual Partner Agency conference and regional trainings, peer groups and leadership networks.
- Manage and complete the communications to and from Partner Agencies to ensure information channels are successful.
- Serve as an internal and external expert on government distribution programs, including but not limited to TEFAP, CSFP, NSLP, CACFP, and SFSP, ensuring that all food handling, storage, and distribution policies are met and executed within budget, on-time, and in accordance with applicable policies.
- Identify key strategic partner relationships and conduct successful onboarding with new partners.
- Ensure the Network Standards and Capacity team reports on and tracks key metrics in a timely manner.
- Manage data administration work - pull routine reports, track program goals vs actuals, and more, in order to help team leadership spot trends, communicate program impact, identify areas that need attention and support grant metrics reporting. Assist with management and reporting of annual departmental budgets and goals.
- Manage the administration of the Partner Agency Network: create policies, procedures and guidelines that ensure a strong, high functioning network with increased capacity.
- Manage a strategic and high quality training and technical assistance program for the Partner Agency Network including formalized opportunities for collaboration across the network, regional training opportunities, and annual conference.
- Manage the collection and follow-up of client complaints at partner agencies as needed and as outlined by a formal CTFB complaint process.
- Track and share information and updates from TDA and/or Feeding America that affect Partners and the entire Network Services Department.
- Manage, monitor, and report on key metrics, related to partnership ROI and utilize to inform partnership strategy, and assist with management and reporting of annual departmental budgets and goals.
- Support all Network and Client services and programs through direct distribution as needed.
- Assist with communication and response between CTFB and agencies in times of disaster.
- Make decisions in the best interest of families and the community we serve.
- Actively support organization’s values, goals and objectives by leading by example and demonstrate support of organizational message without blaming other departments, leaders or providing personal opinions.
- Other duties as assigned, including utilizing language skills you possess for the benefit of the organization and its clients.
- Hours of Operation: Generally Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, some evening and weekend hours may be required especially during peak times, disaster response, or holidays.
- Environment: This position requires sitting for long periods of the time, utilizing computers, laptops, and other technology, and may include working at distribution sites outside. The position also requires working alone and with others on a team.
- Travel: CTFB serves 21 counties in central Texas and often requires same-day travel between counties, using a personal vehicle, CTFB passenger fleet and possibly occasional out of town travel for meetings, special events or meeting for some positions.
We are committed to service, above all else, in our community and for our team members. With our commitment to the health and wellness of our team members, we provide a full benefits package to include the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans,
- company paid short and long term disability insurance plus employee life insurance,
- 403b retirement plan plus up to 5% matching contribution after one year of service,
- telemedicine for physical and mental health,
- employee assistance program,
- paid time off including paid holidays,
- outdoor seating area with a garden view, and an
- On-site gym with a shower.
In addition, Central Texas Food Bank is designated a Texas Mother-Friendly Workplace AND a Best Place for Working Parents. Grow your career, build your network and develop your talents while enjoying the flexibility of a family-friendly environment.