The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programming and fundraising events but by hiring motivated, mission-driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank (CTFB) is looking for a dynamic MOBILE PANTRY PROGRAM COORDINATOR in our Programs Department. The role will coordinate the Central Texas Food Bank’s Mobile Pantry distribution program which directly serves community members in need across CTFB’s 21-county territory. Reporting into the Distribution Programs Supervisor on the Programs team, this position is highly visible in the community and is critically important in maintaining partnerships across our territory, including with our Partner Agency network and other local and regional partners. This position requires manual labor as well as solid relationship management. This position spends the majority of work time in the field at Mobile Pantry site distributions and traveling to/from distributions on the Mobile Pantry.
As a MOBILE PANTRY PROGRAM COORDINATOR, you will
- Directly oversee the program at program sites, including providing volunteer orientation, training and supervision.
- Monitor programs for compliance with Food Bank, USDA and Feeding America guidelines including health & safety and civil rights compliance.
- Provide direct assistance to clients of varying backgrounds; conduct client intake and data entry and ensure security and confidentiality of client records.
- Orient new and current program partners on food bank program policies and procedures.
- Represent the Food Bank in face-to-face meetings with existing and prospective community partners.
- Model for volunteers a client-centered, compassionate, non-judgmental approach.
- Place food orders and maintain program files on a daily basis.
- Work with community leaders and food bank’s volunteer resources staff to recruit and build successful volunteer teams at program sites.
- Contribute to the Central Texas Food Bank’s overall mission as a public representative of the organization.
- Deliver honest feedback in a supportive manner; demonstrate fair treatment of others and support a positive environment.
You are a great candidate if you have
- Availability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate Mobile Pantry distribution times (as assigned) NOTE: Work days will be Tuesday – Saturday with varying hours (total of 40).
- Experience working with volunteers and families of varying socio-economic backgrounds
- Demonstrated success in working with diverse individuals and groups on complex community issues
- Experience collaborating with coworkers on projects/tasks by helping out where needed; providing adequate lead time for others to meet deadlines; willing to help out, no matter how big or small the task.
- Proven demonstration of good judgment and discretion.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Bonus points for
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
- Experience with food distribution programs
- Knowledge of federal feeding programs
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding, familiarity, and sensitivity to hunger and poverty issues.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working inside, working outside in various weather conditions such as extreme heat, cold or rain, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile.