The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programing and fundraising events, but by hiring motivated, mission driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
Help ensure children get the nutritious meals they need throughout the school year as a Children’s Meal Delivery Driver with the Central Texas Food Bank! The Central Texas Food Bank runs Kids Cafe, an afterschool program which provides free, nutritious meals to help children get the nutrition they need to learn, play, and grow, throughout the school year.
Timeframe: This is a part-time opportunity for the 2019-2020 school year. Including training, this 25-29 hr./week assignment will run from August 19, 2019 - May 22, 2020. There is also an opportunity to continue employment with the Food Bank through the summer of 2020 on an alternate schedule.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a dynamic MEAL DELIVERY DRIVER in our Transportation & Logistics Department. This role delivers afterschool meals & snacks to a variety of sites in our service area. Reporting into the Transportation Supervisor on the Transportation & Logistics Team, this position is highly visible externally, requires an excellent driving record and manual labor as well as solid customer service skills.
As a Meal Delivery Driver, you will be
- Operating delivery vans in safe and courteous manner while delivering meals to partner sites on-time (i.e. during approved delivery time zones) and in accordance with delivery procedures
- Loading delivery vans with meal containers
- Collecting previous days meal containers and return them to the Food Bank daily
- Providing first class customer service to all partners, program participants and the general public
- Serving as ambassador between the Food Bank and the partner sites and with all partner site leaders
- Packing and cleaning meal carriers
- Following all program guidelines outlined in training
- Completing all required program paperwork and maintain program documentation and submit daily copies of delivery receipts, temperature logs, meal count records and daily reports
- Following procedures for waste management including recycling policies and procedures
- Adhere to all Central Texas Food Bank policies, food safety standards and HACCP plans.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working inside, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, and working protracted or irregular hours.
- Performs a variety of additional duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed
- Possession of a current Texas driver’s license, liability insurance and a clean driving record
- Food Handler’s Certification required (training provided)
- Ability to work effectively with food bank staff and volunteers
- Desire to help ensure children get high quality and nutritious meals they need
- Ability to understand and follow instructions without direct supervision
- Commitment to serving children in accordance with Federal law and USDA policy which strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability
- Ability to work Monday-Friday, 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm – schedule will vary slightly from day to day
- High School Diploma or equivalent
You are a great candidate if you have
- Customer service experience
- Previous delivery driving experience
- Ability to work in various climate conditions (warehouse, freezer, and cooler)