Help ensure children get the nutritious meals they need this summer! Broaden your experience this summer by taking on a short-term assignment as a Meal Delivery Driver with the Summer Food Service program. The Central Texas Food Bank is a sponsor of the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) which provides free, nutritious meals and snacks to help children get the nutrition they need to learn, play, and grow, throughout the summer months when they are out of school. The Central Texas Food Bank prepares all children’s meals in-house and will deliver summer meals and snacks directly to our partner sites across Travis and surrounding counties.
Timeframe: Including training, this 30-40 hr/week assignment will run from approximately May 20th 2020-August 14th , 2020. This position offers limited time-off opportunities.
As a Meal Delivery Driver, you will be
- Operating delivery vans in safe and courteous manner while delivering meals to partner sites on-time (i.e. during approved delivery time zones) and in accordance with delivery procedures
- Loading delivery vans with meal containers
- Collecting previous days meal containers and return them to the Food Bank daily
- Providing first class customer service to all partners, program participants and the general public
- Serving as ambassador between the Food Bank and the partner sites and with all partner site leaders
- Packing and cleaning meal carriers
- Following all program guidelines outlined in training
- Completing all required program paperwork and maintain program documentation and submit daily copies of delivery receipts, temperature logs, meal count records and daily reports
- Following procedures for waste management including recycling policies and procedures
- Adhere to all Central Texas Food Bank policies, food safety standards and HACCP plans.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working inside, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, and working protracted or irregular hours.
- Performs a variety of additional duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed
- Possession of a current Texas driver’s license, liability insurance and a clean driving record
- Food Handler’s Certification required (training provided)
- Ability to work effectively with food bank staff and volunteers
- Desire to help ensure children get high quality and nutritious meals they need
- Ability to understand and follow instructions without direct supervision
- Commitment to serving children in accordance with Federal law and USDA policy which strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability
- Ability to work Monday-Friday, 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm – schedule will vary slightly from day to day
- High School Diploma or equivalent
You are a great candidate if you have
- Customer service experience
- Previous delivery driving experience
- Ability to work in various climate conditions (warehouse, freezer, and cooler)